20 mm, 5-Axis Opposed Gang Tool CNC Lathe
Simultaneous Machining, 21 Tool, 5-axis Swiss Type Lathe
The B0 family of Tsugami Swiss Type Lathes are designed to provide exactly the capability and capacity you need at an affordable price. Each incremental model of CNC lathe adds features to the core B0 machine and bed and represents years of Tsugami testing and research.
The B0205-III 20mm 5-axis convertible Swiss turn adds an independent back tool post to the B0 configuration and introduces two rotary tool positions on the back tool post (optional). These improvements enable front and back spindle simultaneous machining, a proven method for reducing cycle time.
Economically priced like other B0 machines, the B0205-III Swiss Type Lathe includes many high end features such as Tsugami's gang type tool post, rigid cast iron frame and 10,000 rpm main and 12,000 rpm sub spindle speeds. This CNC automatic lathe offers 21 tool positions: 9 OD tools positions and 12 fixed tool positions (optional 2 rotary positions for rear) for flexible 5-axis machining.
Key Advantages Include:
- Enhanced 5-axis Swiss Style Lathe at minimum investment cost
- Increased Back Spindle Capability - Spindle plus 8 fixed and rotary tools for simultaneous machining
- 21 Total Tool Positions - 9 OD and 4 fixed front, 8 fixed rear or 6 fixed and 2 rotary (option)
- Back Milling Operations - Off-center drilling/tapping and end milling may be performed simultaneously with main spindle (option)
- 210 mm Stroke, 45 mm when used in chucker mode
- Rapid Traverse Rate of 32 m/min - shortens idle/cycle times
- Enriched NC Functions Standard - tool nose radius compensation, chamfering and corner rounding, and cutoff detection, plus many more...
- Fanuc 0i-TD CNC Control
The Tsugami B0205-III is CONVERTIBLE and may be run as a traditional sliding headstock Swiss turn using the guide bushing or run without the guide bushing with the addition of an optional chucker kit. When run as a chucker, the turning center can use drawn bar stock instead of centerless ground stock, dramatically reducing remnant size and increasing shop flexibility.
|Maximum Bar Stock||20 mm / 0.79"|
|Sliding Headstock / Guide Bushing||YES|
|CONVERTIBLE: Run w/o Guide Bushing (chucker)||YES|
|Max Length: w/Guide Bushing
Max Length: w/o Guide Bushing
210 mm / 8.26”
|# Tool Positions (std / max)||21|
|# Live Tool Positions (std / max)||2 (optional)|
|Main Spindle Speed||200 – 10,000 rpm|
|Sub Spindle Speed||200 – 12,000 rpm|
|Live Tool Speed||8,000 rpm|
|Main Spindle Motor||2.2 / 3.7 kW|
|Weight||2,000 kg / 4,409 lbs.|
|Footprint: W x D x H||1,655 × 1,125 × 1,700 mm
65.2” x 44.3” x 66.9”