Multitasking Turning Center
Swiss Turning Precision, Multitasking CNC Milling Flexibility
The Tsugami TMB2 Multitasking Turning Center combines the technology of a multi-axis turning center with that of a machining center. This fixed headstock lathe features an ATC that comes standard with 30 tools (max 118), and also features a front turret with 16 tool stations.
The TMB2 turning center is designed for long, complex workpieces with up to 1.5” diameters. Industries frequently served include medical, aviation, and automotive. The ATC and turret combination speeds set-ups and changeovers, allowing the TMB2 to produce small lots of varied workpieces.
The built-in 11 / 7.5 kW spindle provides CNC milling power similar to a machining center, and speedy 2.5 sec. accel/decel rates – half the time of a conventional Swiss turn.
Key Advantages include:
- B-Axis Capability -the tool spindle offers 10,000 rpm and 210 degrees of B-axis rotation in .001-degree increments.
- Reduce Set-up Time: ATC allows easy job changeover. Perfect for short run families of complex parts
- Ultimate capability: turning, milling, drilling, threading, tapping, boring, thread whirling, hobbing, polygon milling, rigid tapping in all planes, and interpolation in linear, polar, cylindrical, and inclined planes.
- Reduced Cycle Time via simultaneous machining of turret and tool spindle
- Main and Sub Spindle – C-axis Capability
- Fanuc 18i-TB CNC
|Maximum Bar Stock||51 mm|
|Main Spindle Speed/Motor||6,000 rpm, 11 / 7.5 kW|
|Back Spindle Speed/ Motor||6,000 rpm, 11 / 7.5 kW|
|Tool Post Speed/ Motor||10,000 rpm, 5.5 / 3.2 kW|
|ATC||30 Tools Standard, 60 or 118 Optional|
|Weight||17,637 lbs, 8,000 kg|
|Footprint: W x D x H||143.7 x 86.6 x 98.4”, 3,650 x 2,200 x 2,500 mm|