BH20/20Z and 38
A combination turret / gang machine, the BH20, BH20Z and BH38SY combine the productivity benefits of a traditional Swiss turn with the flexibility and capability of a turret machine. Featuring a Fanuc 31i-A three path CNC, a two axis sub spindle, and superior turret design that channels 100% of its cutting force to the tool being used, the Tsugami BH is a true heavyweight. Both BH series machines make short work of heavy milling, turning, drilling, tapping, hobbing and even thread whirling. If you're making parts with complex geometries that are less than 1.5 inches in diameter, you should take a look at the BH.
Key Advantages Include:
- More powerful main and sub spindles than previous models for faster cutting
- Excellent rigidity and thermal characteristics come from Tsugami's fine ground cast iron base.
- Three path Fanuc CNC can reduce cycle times by utilizing the turret and both spindles simultaneously
- Independent Turret Drive improves accuracy and power, reducing thermal distortion.
Key Features Include
- Maximum bar capacity: BH20/20Z - 20mm: BH38 - 38mm
- Max. workpiece length: BH20/20Z - 170mm (6.70"): BH38 - 250mm (9.84)
- Main spindle speed: BH20/20Z - 12,000 rpm: BH38 - 5,000 rpm
- Rotary tool speed on turret: 8,000 rpm
- Rapid traverse rate: Up to 24m/min (945 ipm)
- Turret positions: 12
- Machine weight: BH20/20Z 4,500 kg (9,900 lbs): BH38 5,800 kg (12,760 lbs)
- Machine control: Fanuc 31i-A