B0206-III - 20 mm, 6-Axis Opposed Gang Tool CNC Lathe
The B0206-III is a 6-axis convertible opposed gang tool CNC lathe that adds Y2 Axis capability to the back tool post of the B0 configuration. Overlapped, simultaneous machining is enabled. Plus, back slotting, back end milling, and back cross drilling/tapping may be performed. Use the B0206-III for traditional 20mm Swiss turning or for making parts smaller than 3:1 L/D ratio in chucker mode (optional conversion kit needed).
Y-Axis Machining, 25 Tools, 6-axis Swiss Type Lathe
The B0 family of Tsugami Swiss Type Lathes is designed to provide exactly the capability and capacity you need at an affordable price. Each incremental model adds features to the core B0 machine and bed and represents years of Tsugami testing and research.
The Tsugami B0206-III is a 20 mm, 6-axis convertible CNC Lathe that adds Y2 axis capability to the back tool post for additional flexibility to the B0 configuration. Tool positions increase from 21 on the B0205-III, to 25. This B0206-III turning center allows back milling operations to be overlapped with the machining operations on the main spindle, greatly reducing cycle time.
This Swiss type CNC automatic lathe includes many high end features, such as Tsugami’s gang type tool post, rigid cast iron frame, 10,000 rpm main / 12,000 sub spindle speeds, and the FANUC 32i-B control. The machine’s footprint is also highly compact, considering its complex part capability.
The Tsugami B0206-III is CONVERTIBLE and may be run as a traditional sliding headstock Swiss Type Lathe using the guide bushing or run without the guide bushing with the addition of an optional chucker kit. When run in chucker mode, the turning center can use drawn bar stock instead of centerless ground stock, dramatically reducing remnant size and increasing shop flexibility.
|Maximum Bar Stock||20 mm / 0.79″|
|Sliding Headstock / Guide Bushing||YES|
|CONVERTIBLE: Run w/o Guide Bushing (chucker)||YES|
|Max Headstock Stroke w/ Guide Bushing
Max Headstock Stroke w/o Guide Bushing
|210 mm / 8.26”
45 mm / 1.77”
|# Tool Positions (std / max)||25|
|# Live Tool Positions (std / max)||8|
|Main Spindle Speed||200 – 10,000 rpm|
|Sub Spindle Speed||200 – 12,000 rpm|
|Live Tool Speed||8,000 rpm|
|Main Spindle Motor||2.2 / 3.7 kW|
|Weight||2,050 kg / 4,520 lbs|
|Footprint: W x D x H||1,655× 1,125× 1,700 mm
65.2” x 44.3” x 66.9”
- Enhanced 6-Axis Swiss Type Lathe at minimal investment cost
- Y2 Axis Added to Back Tool Post – enabling multiple back milling operations plus simultaneous operation of the main and sub spindle
- 25 Total Tool Positions – multiple rotary and fixed tool configurations: 2,3 or 4 spindle Cross Drill Option and Tooling
- Back Milling Operations – Back slotting, back end milling, back cross drilling/tapping
- 210 mm Stroke, 45 mm when used in chucker mode
- Rapid Traverse Rate of 32 m/min – shortens idle and cycle times
- Enriched NC Functions Standard – tool nose radius compensation, chamfering and corner rounding and cutoff detection plus many more..
- Fanuc 32i-B CNC Control