BH20Z - 20 mm High Performance Gang/Turret Turning Center
The BH20Z Turning Center combines a front gang slide with a rear turret, and gives you up to 35 tool positions for rotary and stationary tools. Z-axis capability on the rear turret allows you to cut complex shapes in one set-up. Precision, speed, and accuracy of a high performance Swiss turn. Flexibility and rotary tooling benefits of a turning center. All in one heavyweight performer.
Heavy Duty, Efficient Machining of Complex-Shaped Workpieces
Tsugami’s BH20Z Gang/Turret Turning Center combines the precision, accuracy, and speed of a high performance Swiss Type Lathe with the flexibility and additional rotary tool capability of a turning center with a turret. In this unique combination, up to 35 tools on the tool posts (front gang and rear turret) combine to machine complex parts in single setup.
The BH20Z is an extremely rugged, powerful (main and sub spindles) machine that can perform 7 different types of simultaneous machining involving the front, back, and cross spindles. A Fanuc 31i-A CNC control is standard. If you need a heavyweight performer to make short work of heavy milling, turning, drilling, tapping, hobbing, and long thread whirling, the BH20Z is the right choice.
The BH20Z turning center is CONVERTIBLE and may be run as a traditional sliding headstock Swiss Type Lathe using the guide bushing or run without the guide bushing with the addition of an optional chucker kit.
|Maximum Bar Stock||20 mm / 0.79″|
|Sliding Headstock / Guide Bushing||YES|
|CONVERTIBLE: Run w/o Guide Bushing (chucker)||YES|
|Max Headstock Stroke w/ Guide Bushing
Max Headstock Stroke w/o Guide Bushing
|170 mm / 6.7”
45 mm / 1.77”
|# Tool Positions (std / max)||35 (max)|
|# Live Tool Positions (std)||12 rotary tools (turret) 2 (gang slide)|
|Main Spindle Speed||200 – 12,000 rpm|
|Sub Spindle Speed||200 – 12,000 rpm|
|Live Tool Speed||200 – 8,000 (Turret)|
|Main Spindle Motor||2.2 / 3.7 kW|
|Weight||4,500 kg / 9,920 lbs.|
|Footprint: W x D x H||2,480 × 1,585 × 1,733 mm
97.6″ x 62.4″ x 68.2″
- Z-Axis Capability Added to Rear Turret, makes balanced turning, long thread whirling, and other options possible
- Gang Tool Post + Turret + Dedicated Back Tool Post = Expanded Tool Options
- Multiple Simultaneous Machining Options on front, back, and cross spindles make complex parts in one setup and slash cycle times
- Independent Turret Drive improves accuracy and power, reduces thermal distortion
- Excellent Rigidity and Thermal Characteristics due to Tsugami fine-ground cast iron base.
- Powerful Back Spindle Motor: 2.2 /3.7kW
- Fanuc 31i-A 3-path CNC drastically shortens cycle time
- Turning Holder
- Double-Turning Holder
- Front Holder
- Drill Holder
- 2-Drill Holder
- Powered Cross Drilling Head
- Cross Drilling Head
- High-Speed Cross
- Drilling Head
- Drilling Head
- High-Speed Drilling Head
- Whirling Head
- Helical Gear-Hobbing Head
- Milling Head
Tsugami Custom Tooling is a full service machine tool shop specializing in the design, manufacture, and delivery of custom machine tool accessories.
Ph: (860) 687-3527
Cell: (860) 422-3297
e-mail: [email protected]