BW129Z - 12 mm, Split-Slide CNC Precision Automatic Lathe
The Tsugami BW129Z Swiss Type Lathe slashes cycle time and produces complex parts quickly through its 3-path control system. This system coordinates the operations on front and rear spindles, enabling simultaneous and overlapping operations. Live tooling on the front and rear spindles add to this capability. Two independent gang type tool posts on independent slides further extend the ability of the BW129Z to make short work of complex parts.
Dual Spindle, Dual Gang Slides Slash Cycle Time
The BW129Z Swiss Type Lathe uses its 3-path control system and dual independent gang slides to slash cycle time and produce complex parts quickly. Multiple driven tools on the main and sub spindle combined with front and rear sliding tool posts enable multiple simultaneous and/or overlapping Swiss turning operations.
Cycle time is dramatically reduced by simultaneous rough and finish OD turning (pinch or balanced turning). With our cross rotary tools on the same centerline, pinch milling or drilling is a time reducing function also available. The front and rear tool posts also allow you to have 3 tools in the cut to perform overlapping machining, independent back side machining, simultaneous end-milling and balanced turning.
The BW129Z’s standard nine cutting axes (X1, Y1, Z1, X2, Y2, Z2, X3, Y3, and Z3) along with its B0 Series Abile Programming Software can make easy work of your toughest applications.
|Maximum Bar Stock||12.7 mm/ 0.45″|
|Sliding Headstock / Guide Bushing||YES|
|CONVERTIBLE: Run w/o Guide Bushing (chucker)||YES|
|Max Headstock Stroke w/ Guide Bushing
Max Headstock Stroke w/o Guide Bushing
|210 mm/ 8.27″
45 mm / 1.77″
|# Tool Positions (std / max)||28 / 30|
|# Live Tool Positions (std / max)||9 (std) / 11 (max)|
|Main Spindle Speed||200 – 12,000 rpm|
|Sub Spindle Speed||200 – 12,000 rpm|
|Main Spindle Motor||1.5 / 2.2 kW|
|Weight||6,393 lbs. / 2,900 kg|
|Footprint: W x D x H||2,010 × 1,505 × 1,750 mm / 79.1” x 59.3” x 68.9”|
- Two Gang Type Tool Posts on Independent Slides enables independent back side machining, simultaneous end-milling and balanced turning with front/rear posts
- Simultaneous 3-Path System control enables overlapping simultaneous machining
- Dramatic Cycle Time Reduction – 3-system control enables pre-positioning of the next tool
- 28 Tool Positions
- Open Tooling Arrangement – rotary tools may be replaced by OD tool, off-center drill or front ID tool for flexibility
- 210 mm Stroke (Fixed Guide Bushing), 170 mm (Rotary Guide Bushing)
- Rapid Traverse Rate of 32 m/min – shortened idle and cycle times
- Fanuc 31i-B CNC
- Convertible can run without sliding headstock with addition of optional chucker kit
- Chucker Kit
- Face Milling
- Angular Face Milling