Oscillation Cutting by Tsugami/Rem Sales
January 29, 2019
What is Oscillation Cutting?
- Oscillation Cutting is a technological breakthrough that oscillates a servo axis to help break chips in tough to cut materials, reduces heat in the cut, while not diminishing tool life.
- This function oscillates the specified axis, and cutting is performed by synchronizing the oscillation of the specified axis with the rotation of the main spindle.
- Interruption in the cut breaks material into small chips.
- This function can be used for turning, drilling, boring, grooving, or cutoff operations.
Benefits of Oscillation Cutting:
- Productivity is increased by significantly reducing operator interruption to remove hanging or bird nesting chips
- Creates the ultimate solution for materials that are normally difficult to break chips
- Capable on multiple axes (currently X1 and Z1)
- Easy to program by special G code
- Oscillation parameters can be changed easily within the program for machining multiple features with multiple tools.
- Can be used for many machining operations including OD turning, drilling, boring, grooving, cutoff